Those of you who just bought a new iPhone may be wondering how to connect your Apple Watch to your shiny new Apple device and disconnect it from your previous iPhone. You’ll be relieved to know that you may connect your Apple Watch to a new iPhone by following this simple step without losing any data.
We’ll lead you through the whole process, from disconnecting or unpairing from your old phone to pairing your Apple Watch with your new iPhone. Fortunately, when you unpair your Apple Watch from your old iPhone, Apple will instantly create a backup of your data, making it straightforward to move everything to your new phone.
Backing up your Apple Watch
If you are worried about backing up your Apple Watch data before transferring it from one iPhone to another, it will please you to know that Apple provides a comprehensive automatic backup service when you start to unpair your Apple Watch from your prior iPhone.
Umpiring an Apple Watch from your old iPhone
- On your iPhone, open the official Apple Watch app.
- Tap the “My Watch” symbol in the bottom left corner of the app if it isn’t already highlighted.
- In the upper-left corner of the iPhone screen, tap the “All Watches” icon.
- This is a list of all the watches that are currently synchronised with your iPhone 5. Choose what you want to disconnect or unpair from your iPhone by clicking the information icon on the right. the letter I in the little circle there
- Select “Unpair Apple Watch” from the list’s bottom button, then click “Confirm.”
- Follow the instructions shown on the screen.
After backing up your old phone and transferring all of your data to the new one, you may pair or connect your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
Pair Apple Watch to a new iPhone
- It’s crucial to remember to choose “Restore from Backup” while pairing your old Apple Watch with your new iPhone. By selecting the most recent backup of your Apple Watch, you can ensure that everything is available on your old phone.
- To retry pairing, open the official Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Depending on your Apple Watch’s model.
- After determining your iPhone’s model and iOS version, Apple will provide you step-by-step instructions on the screen.
- Your new iPhone and your old Apple Watch are now connected.
If both your Apple Watch and iPhone are brand-new, connecting them is as simple as opening the official Apple Watch app on your iPhone and selecting the pairing option. Simply follow the on-screen directions provided by Apple to set up your iPhone.